Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Java Edition 1.14.3 - Combat Test
June 20, 2019
1.14.3 - Combat Test is a preview snapshot of a future combat update. Although it is a development version for a future major release, this combat test is just a fork of 1.14.3-pre4, and as such does not contain any changes to the game past 1.14.3.
- New attribute: generic.attackReach.
- Added a "Combat Reach" parameter (using attribute generic.combatReach) to swords, hoes and tridents.
- Players can now only attack when the weapon is fully charged.
- Different weapons and items have different attack ranges, all separate from the block breaking reach.
- 3.5 blocks for all swords.
- 4 blocks for tridents and hoes.
- 3 for all other items.
- The attack timer can be charged to 200%.
- The attack timer reaches 200% after the recharging animation of the sword is fully complete.
- A 200% charge is required for critical hits and the sweeping attack.
- A 200% charge will also deal higher knockback while sprinting.
- Weapons with shorter cooldowns give victims shorter attack invulnerability times (invincibility frames).
- The attack control can now be held down, attacking whenever the attack cooldown reaches 100%.
- It is now possible to hit mobs through non-full-sized blocks such as grass.
- Changed how the attack indicator works.
- When on crosshair mode:
- The meter only appears after the attack is 100% recharged, showing the progress of reaching 200% charge instead.
- The "+" now only appears below the attack indicator when at 200% charge.
- When on hotbar mode:
- The meter only appears while charging the initial 100%.
- When on crosshair mode:
- Performing a sweep attack now requires the Sweeping Edge enchantment.
- Now requires the attack timer to be at 200%.
- Is now performed regardless of whether an entity is hit.
- Increased attack speed for all axes to 2.
- All axes deal 1 more damage than their sword counterparts.
- Attack reach remains at 3 blocks.
- Critical hits bypass shields.
- Removed warm-up delay from shields (0.25s activation cool down).
- When in the off-hand, shields will activate when sneaking.
- Shields no longer knockback attackers when they block.
This version is not supported on the bug tracker, and as such issues relating to this version will not be fixed.
- Unzipping this zip file in the .minecraft\versions folder will automatically install the correct client.jar upon loading the game.