Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
- Skins and capes are now distributed through servers.
- Skins server outages will occur less frequently and have less impact.
- Skin changes will no longer require client restarting, at worst re-logging will update the skin for everybody.
- Server-altered skins/capes are not possible - only signed URLs are stored server-side.
- Duplicate skins no longer need to be downloaded twice.
- Server traffic will barely be affected.
- Name changing
- Support for name changing.
- Only the support for changing names, actually being able to change names will come after 1.8 release. 
- The server resource packs option is now per-server, and has three settings: prompt, enabled, and disabled.
- The minimum setting for the FOV option is now 30 instead of 70.
- Improved 'configure' screen.
- Can now OP players from the config screen.
- Easier to invite/uninvite players.
- New button to close/unclose realm.
- – Holes in bedrock and Replaced any block using Arbitrary tnt and flame bows
- – Save-all causes lagspikes on larger maps
- – Child animals obsessed about their parents, even after growing up
- – Broadcast settings - report to Mojang, links to previous bug reporting facility
- – "replace" directive in sounds.json does not work
Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Can't place skulls in multiplayer
- – Almost instant motion sickness due to distorted rendering