Grass, Fern, Double variants: Yes
Grass, Fern or Shrub: tallgrass
The double tall grass and large ferns will drop two of the respective single block tall grass when mined using shears.
A shrub looks identical to the dead bush, except that it will occasionally drop seeds instead of sticks, and is randomly offset from the center of its block like grass.[PC版限定] It can be obtained using
/give @p minecraft:tallgrass 1 0. In Pocket Edition, this block is named 'Fern' but has the texture of grass.
Grass is defined by its ID and block data. Grass also has a block state which is expected to replace the functionality of block data in a future version.
- 「Data values」も参照
- Block 31 (
- Block 175 (
- 「Block states」も参照
|1.6|| Seeds used to be produced by tilling grass blocks prior to this update.Tall grass was implemented.|
|1.6.6||Bone meal can be used to instantly grow tall grass on grass blocks.|
|1.8||Previously, tall grass couldn't be acquired as an item without inventory hacking. Hacked tall grass in your inventory would appear as the base texture for it, and would appear as the "shrub" variety or the dead bush when placed on the map. This was changed in Beta 1.8, and now grass and ferns can be harvested with shears.|
|The triangular-looking fern was rare, and only found in swampland and rain forest biomes before the 1.8 Adventure Update. After the Adventure Update, since swamp biomes were redesigned and rain forest removed entirely, ferns no longer generated naturally.|
|1.0.0||Ferns were made available in Creative.|
|1.2.1||12w03a||Ferns re-appeared in Jungle biomes.|
|12w05a||Previously, grass made building difficult because it had to be removed to place blocks in that space. Now, any blocks placed in the same space as grass will replace the grass, similar to snow.|
|1.5.1||Tall grass with a damage value of 3 or higher is still called "grass", and still has green biome-coloring, but is now shaped like a shrub or dead bush.|
|1.7.2||13w36a||Added double tallgrass and large ferns. Ferns now spawn in taiga and cold taiga biomes.|
|1.8||Green colored shrubs (damage value 3 or higher) now look like normal shrubs.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|?||Tall grass added, but unobtainable.|
|0.5.0||Now drops seeds, despite remaining unobtainable. Seeds could legitimately be obtained by tilling grass instead.|
|0.8.0||Tall grass and ferns officially added.|
|0.9.0||build 1||Added double tall grass and large ferns.|
|Tall grass and ferns now spawn naturally.|
|build 5||Tall grass is no longer flammable.|
|0.11.0||build 14||Double tallgrass and large fern pixels are now square.|
|Tall grass and ferns now have a random height.|
|0.14.0||build 3||Hitboxes of all variants of tall grass no longer occupy an entire block.|
|TU1||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Grass, tall grass and fern added.|
|TU7||Added ferns to creative.|
|TU12||Previously, grass made building difficult because it had to be removed to place blocks in that space. Now, any blocks placed in the same space as grass will replace the grass, similar to snow.|
「Grass」、「Fern」、「Double Tallgrass」、または「Large Fern」に関する問題点は、issue trackerにて管理されている。問題点の報告はそちらで行ってほしい。
- Grass cannot be directly set on fire from lightning. However, fire from nearby blocks can spread to it. Oddly enough, the top of grass can be lit but it will not burn this way. When any kind of tall grass is set on fire, the fire seems to hover just over the grass, as if it were a full block.
- Even though ferns do not produce seeds in real life, as ferns use spores instead, they can drop seeds if broken.
- Grass is slightly offset from the block it is sitting on (as seen in the second screenshot). This causes fields of grass appear more contiguous and not like dotted patches of hair atop blocks.
- Grass can appear in caves on dirt near lava, and rarely, within a few blocks of bedrock or in a village house.
- Using bone meal on grass in a spawn-protected area will still produce tall grass and flowers.
- Placing any block on grass will overwrite the grass, and will not drop seeds.
- When being chased by mobs, hiding in Double Tallgrass will often cause them to 'lose' sight of players, even if they are 4 blocks away.
- In the Console Edition, the dead shrub variant of tall grass is available in the creative menu.
Grass appears slightly offset from a grass block.
Tall Grass Height.jpg
Grass and ferns in Pocket Edition have a randomly selected height.
Grass growing in an abandoned mineshaft.
Tall grass on fire.png
Tall grass that was set on fire using flint and steel.
Hiding in double tall grass.png
Double tall grass may stump most hostile mobs, such as this Creeper however mobs may be able to attack if they're right next to the player.